Precision Construction Services was awarded the General Contractor Contract for the Sewage Pump Replacement Project at the Metropolitan Correction Center San Diego.
This project, located in downtown San Diego, will replace the facility’s old sewage system with new equipment. The scope of construction includes installing temporary isolation valves, core drilling the garage floor for discharge piping, installing new pump discharge piping and removal of old piping, removal and replacement of all three pumps, and removal and replacement of the existing control panel.
As the general contractor, Precision will provide all the necessary materials, labor, equipment, and supervision in order to fulfill the scope of construction. In addition, Precision will provide the following:
- Perform an extensive evaluation of the current sewage pump system and provide recommendations
- Create and continue to maintain the project schedule
- Prepare and deliver Quality Control Plan, Safety Plan, Product Data, and Shop Drawing Submittals for BOP Review
- Submit Certified Material Test Reports and MSDS’s
- Coordinate meetings with the owner
Adam Strauss, General Contractor at Precision, said: “It’s been really interesting working inside of a prison! Although sewage isn’t glamorous, it’s crucial – especially in such a large facility that needs to be functioning 24/7. I’m happy to be a part of something so important.”
The project completion is anticipated to be in the second week of September 2019.