Contact Claire@ThePrecisionCS.com for more information about the opportunity!
Precision is a forward-thinking firm specializing in preconstruction consulting, construction management, and general construction services. We serve a wide range of clients — from aerospace innovators to private equity firms, real estate developers, architects, engineers, and government agencies. Whether our clients need help with projects straight out of science fiction (i.e. Hyperloop technology) or simply want to mitigate risk in their commercial real estate portfolios, we empower these groups to build better projects and advance the construction industry.
Precision Construction Services (PCS) oversees both public and private projects across the Western United States, and is preparing to further scale within this region. To ensure all projects are completed successfully, PCS is looking for an experienced Superintendent, who will use their passion and influence to achieve top-notch results for our clients. PCS upholds a relationship centered, solution focused approach, and this Superintendent will further distinguish our team by demonstrating a collaborative and ingenuitive response to any and all challenges in the field.
- Consistently model positive team dynamics by maintaining an encouraging and objective demeanor
- Develop strong relationships with clients by effectively communicating project updates and soliciting feedback to ensure satisfaction
- Empower self-perform crews to boost morale and productivity
- Create baseline project schedules and provide weekly forecast schedules
- Prepare, review, and approve all necessary field documentation and reports including, but not limited to, time sheets, T&M tickets, work orders, invoices, daily reports, inspection reports, permit applications, etc.
- Manage all project inspections, testing, and permits ensuring all project stakeholders are appropriately prepared
- Achieve successful results through others while understanding workload and capability limitations
- Monitor and actively manage day-to-day project labor productivity in the field as well as labor and material budgets
- Effectively manage and build partnerships with subcontractors through the project ensuring compliance with subcontractor requirements (schedule, manpower, scope, contingencies, quality, etc.)
- Work with project pursuit teams and preconstruction resources to secure new projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of the construction business – industry trends, current practices, self-perform and common processes as it pertains to risk, safety, accounting, and operations
- At least 5 years of Superintendent experience in a commercial ground-up construction environment
- Maintain an active certification for OSHA 30, EMR 385, First Aid/CPR, and QCM within six months of hire
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all crafts (i.e. ability to read and understand specifications for all trades) with prior experience as foreman in at least one trade
- Upholds OSHA laws, job scheduling, planning, expediting, and cost control best practices
- Willingness to travel based on project demands
- Versed in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience with Procore software a plus